While studying, working and traveling you come across many recipes; some of which you keep, others you discard and some you treasure.
This is definitely one of the recipes that I don’t only treasure but more. By far this is one of my favorite recipes, which also could be made in a gluten-free version. This is the recipe that never failed me, whether I bake it in a professional oven or a simple house oven.
Ingredients: (20 cm cake pan)
- 200 g Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 200 g Butter
- 4 Pcs Egg
- 150 g Sugar
- 60 g Flour ( for gluten-free 40 g Almond powder, 20 g cocoa powder)
- 7 g Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, grease and flour the cake pan.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or on a double boiler.
- Add the butter to the chocolate and mix till butter is melted and a homogeneous mixture.
- Using a whisk, mix the eggs with the sugar till fluffy and double in volume.
- Add in the flour and baking powder gradually.
- Fold in the chocolate and butter mixture with the eggs.
- Pour in the pan and bake for 27-30 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.