So I woke up at 6:30 today. It’s a beautifully cold Sunday morning and what better way to enjoy the weekend than make a batch of pancakes. It is also the day after Mother’s Day, so I thought I’d make a special breakfast for today.
So for those pancakes you’re going to need:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup or 225 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup or 140 grams all purpose flour
- Vanilla extract (I use homemade, and will show you how to make it in a future blog post)
Whisk everything except for the flour in a large measuring cup. That way you can measure and mix in the same container (read: do less dishes). Slowly add the flour into the wet ingredients. It’s ok if you have lumps. They make the pancakes more airy when it’s time to cook them. Once you’re done, wrap the mixture and put in the fridge until ready. I recommend cooling as it rests the mixture. This makes enough pancakes for 3-4 people.
- You can mix the pancake batter in a squeeze bottle for easier handling. Do the same as above by shaking everything except for the flour then add it gradually and shake well.
- If you make double the amount of this on Saturday and keep it in a squeeze bottle you can use it on Sunday as well.
- Add fruits of your choice: blueberries, strawberries, bananas, sautéed apples and cinnamon. The possibilities are endless.
Happy Mama Day everyone (mostly the mothers and maternal figures out there)!